Colormunki - how do I bring the red back?

I bought a new monitor (Asus PA280) and have it connected to my laptop. I've calibrated a good 20 times tonight and no matter what I do it's not matching my prints. My prints have more contrast and skin tones are much rosier in them. After calibration skin looks pale. Also, the Colormunki is automatically adjusting contrast. It's not prompting me to do anything other than adjust brightness. 

Edited by Anne Adlington
Clarification

I've calibrated following Damien's instructions. Then I went through the trouble shooting portion and adjusted the colour temp on my monitor. Then I tried calibrating on D55 and D50. I've tried so many combinations I really can't keep them all straight. 

I'm not kidding I probably calibrated 20 different times between 11:30 and 2am systematically going through many of the different possible combinations. Its just so frustrating. If a new computer will resolve my issues I'm ready to go shopping to not have to spend hours calibrating. Prints are from ACI if that makes any difference. 

Good to hear about the brightness! What about the light in your room? Is there anything that could possibly be making your prints appear different than what they really are? Paint on the walls, lighting fixtures, curtains etc? 

Ok so I realized after about 15 calibrations that in the menu there is a category called splendid right above colour. In splendid my options are Standard mode, sRGB, scenery, theatre, and then there are two user modes. Any of the other modes only allow for certain changes but the user modes allow for all adjustments to be made. So if I set it for standard mode which seems to be the factory setting, when I go down to the colour category I can't adjust saturation, hue, or the advanced settings. In User modes I can change it all. 

Prior to figuring this out I was changing the temp presets: 5000k, 5500k, 6500k, 9300k. I tried the warmer priests in native, D55 and D50. 

Yeah for the ASUS monitors you want to ignore the "Splendid" options and use the color temp presets under the "Color" options. 

Have you tried D65? Pink in skin is usually because it's cold, so if you are seeing pink on your prints but not your monitor - it could be because your monitor is too warm. 

But if I'm on the default of "standard" then I'm assuming it won't allow the calibrator to change absolutely everything. Hopefully being in a user mode will? I would never have thought of my prints as being cold but I'll try that. 

11 minutes ago, Anne Adlington said:

But if I'm on the default of "standard" then I'm assuming it won't allow the calibrator to change absolutely everything. Hopefully being in a user mode will? I would never have thought of my prints as being cold but I'll try that. 

I have mine on Standard so that I can adjust brightness, contrast, and color temp. I'd give that a try on yours, if D65 doesn't work.