Photoshop CC 2015 Runs Slow

When editing photos in Photoshop CC it runs very very slow and takes forever to save an edited photo.  Per the list of requirements from Adobe I think I have everything.  One of the requirements is an OpenGL 2.0-capable system.  How do I determine if I have this capability on my desktop?  

I have a PC desktop running Windows 7 w/ Service Pack 1 and Photoshop CC 2015. It is over 2 years old, and has 4.0 of RAM. Its hard drive has 1.69 TB free out of 1.81TB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I rarely run a cleanup program.

Edited by kathy baxley

1 minute ago, kathy baxley said:

I just looked and the image size is set to Large.........I thought I had it set on medium.  Guess I should change that.

Gee, I can't really condone that.  How many megapixels will a medium file be? The manual should tell you, if the menu itself doesn't.

Do you shoot raw?

I put the SD card in the computer and view the photos on the card and choose the ones I like and then open it w/ PS and edit from there.  I have never been able to figure out a better way......i.e. LR, etc.

10 hours ago, kathy baxley said:

I put the SD card in the computer and view the photos on the card and choose the ones I like and then open it w/ PS and edit from there.  I have never been able to figure out a better way......i.e. LR, etc.

And please don't edit on your SD card! :( That's a great way to lose your work or corrupt your files. Watch Damien's videos so you can learn how to transfer your images to your computer before you start editing.

• Like 2