How to ensure text layers are in CMYK on a PDF that's sRGB?

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Well, you'll have to check.  Open the resulting multi-page PDF file in Adobe Reader, and zoom waaaaay in.  The images should go pixely, but the text should remain smooth.

Yes, but it's slightly flaky, so make sure you save the PSD master files first.  Don't rely on PDF files if you need to go back and adjust your layers.

Alright, off to go try that. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks! :) 

Okay, I've gotten as far as saving all of the PSDs as PDFs. Here is a closeup of some of the text. Is this an acceptable level of pixelation? Keeping in mind this is zoomed in to 500% and will not be printed huge?56b057d8a6f41_2016-02-02(1).thumb.png.82

Okay, that merge site didn't work (file size too big) but I found another that did, and merged it beautifully! BUT - I noticed an error on one of my pages so I have to fix that before I upload it to get it printed - and since it's after midnight and I have to get up at 5:45, I have to go get some sleep now. I'll update tomorrow! Thanks heaps!

• Like 2

You always do. :) Thank you SO MUCH! I'm about to upload the fixed pdf to the printer's website, this time I'm hopeful it will all go well! 

As always, you're a life saver. :)

• Like 1

Sigh....a new problem. The pdf created this way is too large - the old one (from Photoshop) was only 41 Mb. This one's 347 Mb for some reason, and the limit is 300 Mb. Any idea how I can reduce the size without affecting the quality or the dimensions? 

Eeesh. They add up to 350 Mb. :\ 

Come to think of it, I think the 41 Mb one was the one I created from JPEGs.

Could I join JPEGs and PDFs into one multi-page PDF? As in, use JPEGs for the pages without text, to save space? Or is that an all around bad/impossible concept?

23 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Gosh, yes, maximum is madness!

Well, you did it! :) It worked, with some minor adjustments to reduce size of some of the files, and saving them as High quality instead of Maximum, I FINALLY got it uploaded and my brochures ordered. They tell me I will have them in 6 days, so perhaps they have an army of pigs flying them over to me from the States, but in any case, they are on their way! 

So thank you again. :)

Edited by TaraL
Somehow repeated my last post?!?!

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

Oh, I can't wait to hear how they turn out!  I'll sit here fidgetting in the meantime :)

Hahaha yes, I'm sure you're on tenterhooks! :D I will definitely come back and let you know when they arrive and how they look though! :D

• Like 1

Well, they're here, and with ten days to spare!! Whoop whoop! Definitely impressed with the speed! They turned out lovely, just two minor niggles - one page that hasn't been bound centrally so you can see a sliver of the image on the opposing page peeking out, and the back page hasn't turned out the way I hoped - the image isn't centered with equal white borders. They're niggly little things that only I will give a toss about though, so overall, I'm happy. And High quality was definitely good enough for that setting, haha!!! :D

12662540_10153853780263449_3044251153727594850_n.jpg