Banding

AmeyMac

I could really use some help with the banding in these photos. I printed them and saw the banding so I added noise per Damien's article (I made a noise pattern and then added it as a layer and adjusted the opacity.) I followed it step by step but still had banding. I reedited both photos from RAW and repeated the noise pattern directions again. Still have banding. Any suggestions on how to print these without the banding?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I switched over to 16 bit but now I can't edit. My research leads me to believe that Elements doesn't support editing in 16 bit and I must have the full Photoshop. Is that accurate? 

Oh, I'm too embarrassed to show that! (I still need to take your classes. I'm signing up this summer.)

I'm thinking I just need the real photoshop.

Side note: I was printing the photo for a contest and was shocked to see banding. So I was trying to fix it in under 24 hours. I ended up adding noise at 4%, clicked on Gaussian radio button and checked monochromatic. It made the 8x10 enlargement passable for the contest. I ended up getting 1st place. I'm still going to do the whole thing again in photoshop though bc it still needs to be a better quality.

That gives me hope! I really don't want a monthly fee if I don't need it. 

I have 2 psd files with various layers. I tried lots of different things and it got super messy. The closer I got to my deadline the more stressed I felt - I flattened some layers and didn't correctly label what I was doing - which is why these layers don't make sense.

I think I should start over.

Lesson learned!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg