Laptop and external screen

So I'm working on a laptop most of the time (with no IPS panel) and when I'm home I plug the laptop to a Dell screen which is calibrated.

Since the calibration software is on the laptop, can I perform calibration for the laptop screen, or it will overwrite the calibration already made for the external screen? 

Is it possible to have different calibrations for two different screens attached to the same laptop?

No, I promise, you don't need to do anything special at all.  Just open the calibration software and immediately drag its window to the screen you wish to calibrate.  It will know how to do the rest.

Having said that, I strongly recommend installing the little program I explain in this article.  It's a very good way to ensure that the correct profile is applied to each screen.

It's so interesting that you happened to post this question today.  I've just been testing two new screens, trying them out as replacements for the usual screen that I have attached to my laptop.

Each time I've attached a new screen I've calibrated it. And each time I've re-attached a previously-attached screen, my computer automatically remembers that screen and applies its correct calibration profile.  It's wonderful!

Hi! I calibrated the laptop yesterday and downloaded the little program as suggested and surprisingly I can see now that when I'm on my laptop, the calibration I set yesterday is chosen and when I plug in my external screen, the profile is changed to the calibration I set for the screen. This is so cool! 
But now I have another question, can it be that the laptop monitor calibrated a little cooler than the external monitor (which is warmer and more saturated in comparison between the two)?

Oh yeah, sorry, I should have warned you about that.

Unfortunately, it's very common that the screens won't look exactly the same, even though you calibrated them with the same calibrator.

Which screen is a better match for your prints?

Were you following my calibration directions here?

Yes, I followed the directions. I think the Dell external screen is more accurate with my prints. There is no huge difference between the two so it not that bad. 

But when I see my images on my iPhone it seems that the images are more saturated and have more contrast than I have on my external screen. Is there an article on how to tackle the difference in posting for websites and social media? For making sure our viewers see the images as we edited them?