Though I had it

So I followed the instructions via this website to calibrate my monitor. I thought I did a pretty good job. However, today I received an order that I placed only to find that the picture look almost blown out! :( I immediately went to the computer to see if they were even close, they are not ..  The prints have a pink tint to them and it looks like I waaayyyy over brightened (I didn't actually "brighten" at all).  I obviously have to go back and recalibrate.. but what did I do wrong? How do I be sure it won't happen again?

They do seem a bit off... but when i was reading about the calibration it said "best fit" and that it would never be PERFECT. So I took the best fit.. I guess I will have to order more prints and kind of start over.. any suggestions? I tried all the different setting when calibrating.. Now after recalibrating again, I feel like the warmth is perfect on the screen, but when I look at it from another device (another computer, phone, tablet, etc) it looks very cool.

Monitor is warm compared to the prints that I originally ordered.. but when I got the prints I felt they were warm compared to the monitor so I feel like the monitor must be VERY warm now after calibrating.. especially since the images look cool from any other device

The prints that I recently ordered came out very bright and with almost a pinkish tint... but they look good on the screen..

I had my brightness at 70.. maybe that was too low? so I tried 85 and re-calibrating and still nothing no improvement.. I will try again..

you weren't kidding when you said that calibrating was a pain in the ass!!

I'm going to try to re-calibrate yet again, and order new prints of different images and see if maybe that makes a difference

thank you :)

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

Monitor is warm compared to the prints that I originally ordered.. but when I got the prints I felt they were warm compared to the monitor so I feel like the monitor must be VERY warm now after calibrating.. especially since the images look cool from any other device

Please don't compare your monitor to any other devices, especially if they aren't calibrated. 

The prints that I recently ordered came out very bright and with almost a pinkish tint... but they look good on the screen..

The screen is lying to you. Just because it looks good one the screen doesn't matter - the proof is in the prints. 

I had my brightness at 70.. maybe that was too low? so I tried 85 and re-calibrating and still nothing no improvement.. I will try again..

How does your monitor differ currently from your prints? 70 is a perfectly ok number for your brightness if your light is good and that's what you need to make it match. Don't arbitrarily raise the brightness - only adjust it in order to make your monitor match your prints. Can you please describe how your monitor currently differs from your prints in terms of brightness? 

How are the new prints different from the prints you used during your initial calibration? (when compared to your monitor)

Can you post one of the images here as an example?

• Like 1