Resizing for a slide show

Hello, I have an emergency question!!! I am doing a slide show for school and my pictures are way too big to burn the movie on dvd. What size shall I resize the pics, so I can still have a nice slide show but to fit the movie on 4.7GB dvd. I will so much appreciate your help!!! Thank you in advance

I never thought that I have to resize every pics and I save them as and I end up having a slide show over 32GB. I can show it but I can't burn it on dvd's for the parents to keep! Is there any trick that I can do without starting editing ALL of the pics and making the slide show again?? I know it's ridiculous I got myself into such of headache, but I guess this is my lesson!!!

Not sure I can answer that either! The pics that I already have in the slide show are at the original size, not cropped, but I reduced them at 1024x768 and trying to make it work for a dvd, but still too big for 4.7GB. I am so new at this that I don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense! 

Yes jpegs. I saved them from acr as big as default 6000x4000, I didn't even check at that time! Please don't laugh at me, I am trying to learn by myself and I never ask questions, I am searching and find answers alone, but this time I know it's more than I can just search!

I was just hoping I can do something without going and resize all of them! and start all over again! Let me ask this! My video is almost 16 min long and almost 500 pics. Is there any way in this world I can have this burn on a dvd?If not I give up!