Banding in the sky :(

Emaddphoto

Hi Damien!

I shot a wedding this past Saturday, and have experienced some banding in the sky on a few of my images. This is one example - I have searched and searched the internet for a solution and have gotten nowhere!

Could you help?  It looks pretty awful! This is a first for me - Never had this happen before. :(

Thanks a TON!

This photo was shot with my 70-200mm 2.8 @ 105mm  1/400 f5.0  - - Nikon D610

The day was cloudy, in and out with peeks of sun.

untitled (1 of 1)-3.JPG

Oh thank goodness! Do you see what I see? I had downloaded an action to try to help it go away, and it didn't do a thing to it. So I was almost thinking it could be my monitor. I was wanting to do a facebook post of the finished edit, and I could still see it on three of my images. Ill go look at my raw file now, never thought of that. Silly me.

Edited by Emaddphoto

It is strange to me - I have never had this issue before. I was shooting with new equipment - but equipment that I know...So I don't get it.

As far as your class - please tell me exactly what it is that you are seeing in that image that needs to be fixed - ? Does it still look cold to you? Even though I warmed it? Is it not sharp?

I'm so curious. I want to get better. I'm working hard at it - but also am terrified to calibrate my monitor.

Ok.  Now go to Edit>Assign Profile.  In the drop-down menu in that window, I want you to briefly try every available profile option.

They will make the image all kinds of wild colours.  I don't mind about that.  All I want to know is if any of  the profiles make the banding disappear.

HDMI - (My hubby does surround sound and large screen t.v.'s for a living.. :)  )

He actually ordered this monitor for me from his work.

Edited by Emaddphoto