Facebook message Attachment unavailable

Hi Brian,

I am in a closed FB photo group where a member has just posted a video for everyone to see. However, instead of the video I have a message saying the attachment is unavailable (see attached screenshot). Nobody else is having any issue viewing it; I am the only one not able to view and getting the message. I have tried on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. In Safari, Chrome and Firefox. And on two different broadband providers. All give the same result.

Any clue as to why I am the only one getting the message and not able to view the video. Of course now I can't view it, I want to even more!!

Cheers,

Amanda

Screenshot 2016-05-16 18.01.20.png

Nope, that didn't work.Tried a Restart as well. Still getting the Attachment Unavailable message, despite loads and loads of people having viewed it with no problem. Nobody else so far has reported a problem. And most of them are on Macs. I'm not having trouble with other videos. Guess I'll have to miss out and it will remain a mystery.

If the video is posted on her business page, could it be possible that you are located in one of the countries she has blocked from viewing her business page? 

Also, could it be possible that the video is on her personal page, and you are not on her friend's list and therefore can't see it?

I was able to look up her page, and found a video posted about 4 hours ago so I'm guessing it's the same one. Does this link work for you? https://www.facebook.com/nurturedwithlovephotography/videos/vb.589023301134271/1017147674988496/?type=2&theater

• Like 1

That link doesn't work either, but we've discovered what it is, and I think you'll laugh.

It was demographics, so you were on the right trail, but it was because she had set the upper age limit at 50, and sadly that number is behind me! It was only when someone else couldn't view it that the poster twigged. She now's put it on YouTube for even over 50's to view! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Amanda C said:

That link doesn't work either, but we've discovered what it is, and I think you'll laugh.

It was demographics, so you were on the right trail, but it was because she had set the upper age limit at 50, and sadly that number is behind me! It was only when someone else couldn't view it that the poster twigged. She now's put it on YouTube for even over 50's to view! 

Wow! I didn't even know you could control the age of your viewers. lol! Glad ya'll figured it out!

• Like 1