Wonky Photo

JenniferJ

I am going to have to sit down and read again... it has been to long!

I just finished head shots, and I have issues.

1) the lighting - my backdrop is white. I tried every which way to light him to get it to appear white and try to avoid glasses glare.

2) I have glasses glare, on every photo but I only need two images for him (white backdrop & black backdrop pictures)

3. Picture left his glasses are magnifying his face? I didn't notice this until I uploaded the photos and its every single image. I cant even begin to think of how to fix this - is this normal with glasses? Should I have turned him facing me more? (But I was trying to avoid glare, so I figured sideways it wasn't as much to try to clean up) 

Where do I start ; ( 

IMG_3764.jpg

6 minutes ago, JenniferJ said:

1) the lighting - my backdrop is white. I tried every which way to light him to get it to appear white and try to avoid glasses glare.

You'd make it white by doing this.  However, after you've done so, you might find it doesn't look very good.  A very white background makes the subject look dark in comparison.

7 minutes ago, JenniferJ said:

3. Picture left his glasses are magnifying his face? I didn't notice this until I uploaded the photos and its every single image. I cant even begin to think of how to fix this - is this normal with glasses? Should I have turned him facing me more? (But I was trying to avoid glare, so I figured sideways it wasn't as much to try to clean up)

http://www.damiensymonds.net/2015/10/correcting-eyes-distorted-by-glasses.html

close up of glasses glare - see the picture right magnification... oh my goodness. 

did I crop right 700x700px? I really need to refresh on the course, I haven't been here for a while. 

IMG_3781crop.jpg

Ok, to fix that patch of glare, use a Levels layer:

• Red channel 0/1.00/25 and 0/255
  • Green channel 35/1.00/255 and 0/245
  • Blue channel 45/1.00/255 and 0/240

After masking that layer as accurately as possible to the area, you'll probably need to add a new blank pixel layer above it, and gently clone to blend any troublesome edges.