Composite/PS Hell... :O Disney's out of my skill level!

Hey guys!

Totally having some issues with composites... posting two separate images as to not clog up the feed...

Image 1:  Elsa!  I've learned how to do faux falling snow, am still working on painting the snow in on the bridge and such, but I have 0 clue how to achieve the photo that I have in my mind... which would be Elsa raising the water (almost like a tsunami wave) to each side... and ice crystals falling too.  I'm uploading a sample of sorts... But any help would be appreciated.

Image 2:  Snow!  I purposefully want to keep the woodland animals to be flat and one dimensional, and Snow to be more of a cartoon/painted 2D look.  Every tutorial I've seen makes it look like cheap pop art or comic book style... whereas I want more of a dreamy, super colorful, glowy type look.

I'm terrible at composites, but I really would love to execute my vision for once... and it's time to learn something that I've been too scared to try forever.

EJP_3964sm.jpg

EJP_3784.jpg

1 hour ago, emmajaimesphotography said:

Image 1:  Elsa!  I've learned how to do faux falling snow, am still working on painting the snow in on the bridge and such, but I have 0 clue how to achieve the photo that I have in my mind... which would be Elsa raising the water (almost like a tsunami wave) to each side... and ice crystals falling too.

Well, you'd need a wave photo to use, wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, emmajaimesphotography said:

Image 2:  Snow!  I purposefully want to keep the woodland animals to be flat and one dimensional, and Snow to be more of a cartoon/painted 2D look.  Every tutorial I've seen makes it look like cheap pop art or comic book style... whereas I want more of a dreamy, super colorful, glowy type look.

I'm sorry, this is way beyond me.  I'm throwing this open to everyone, to see who has expertise in this.