How to make this look more realistic

Kendra

Greetings,

1. How do I go about making this look more realistic?

2. Also, I've been using the clone stamp tool to try and edit out the dog on left, and I cannot get it to look obvious that I used the clone stamp tool. Thoughts on what to do?

3.Last, when trying to edit brown dog, I wish I could edit it on a separate background copy, but if I make another background copy the first ones edits do not appear. Thank you. 

DSC_4523.jpg

However ...

19 hours ago, Kendra said:

2. Also, I've been using the clone stamp tool to try and edit out the dog on left, and I cannot get it to look obvious that I used the clone stamp tool. Thoughts on what to do?

There's not enough source detail to use the clone tool.  You'll need to find another photo where the brown dog wasn't standing in that patch of grass, so you can transpose that area.

Gosh, great work getting rid of the brown dog!!!  Well done.

Now, regarding plausibility, the fox is too bright.  I'd add a Hue/Saturation layer immediately above the fox layer, and clip it thereto.  Then lower the Lightness slider a bit (maybe to about -15?).

• Like 1

I don't know what / how to do what you are saying? How do I clip to fox layer? I cannot select just the fox, because when I placed in the photo I masked out around it....So when I try to select that layer it selects the masked out background as well.  I could do a separate Quick mask layer to adjust the fox which is what I had done for my original brightness layer......

Like this?

Why does it make a difference if its a separate layer vs "clipped" to fox layer? Very curious. 

I did take the layers and mask class, but since we cannot save it I cant go back when my memory fails me, which is quite often. 

Your thoughts on this? 

damienfoxy1.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kendra said:

Why does it make a difference if its a separate layer vs "clipped" to fox layer? Very curious.

Because if you have to fix the mask on the fox (which I think you will have to, it looks a bit rough along its back) you don't need to re-mask two layers, of course.

38 minutes ago, Kendra said:

layers above off.....

foxy2.jpg

What do you think of it?  Suitably shaded considering its location?