Removing banding and making the seamless background more vibrant?

ragee79

I have problems with banding showing up in my seamless backgrounds and then I have to spend so much time fixing it.  Is this being caused by the Greater than Gatsby PS actions I am using?  How can you remove banding from an image?  Also, what's the best way to make your background lighter and more vibrant when there wasn't enough lighting on the background?  I have been working on this image for 2 hours!  UGH.  Should I get a fill light to go with my Einstein 640 to prevent this?  Obviously my reflector isn't doing a good job.  Thank you!

Kaiden-8wm.jpg

Unfortunately, I have already flattened and saved those files.  So I guess I will just have to re-edit. :(  How should I go about brightening up the background and making it more vibrant?  I have tried creating a duplicate layer, adjusting levels and masking off the subject, but it still doesn't look bright enough.

9 minutes ago, ragee79 said:

Unfortunately, I have already flattened and saved those files.  So I guess I will just have to re-edit. :(

You've learned several hard and good lessons here.

9 minutes ago, ragee79 said:

How should I go about brightening up the background and making it more vibrant?  I have tried creating a duplicate layer, adjusting levels and masking off the subject, but it still doesn't look bright enough.

I think this begins in raw.  Make your raw edit overall a bit brighter first.