Liv - 1: Erase blanket wrinkles

lsin

Hi Damien, you have been helping me with the below pic in the Levels class. I was trying to use the dodge tool to minimise the shadows in the pink blanket to make them less noticable, but they are starting to turn blue in colour! is this the best method for this or is it possible to eliminate the wrinkles entirely? i have attached the pic and 100% crop of one wrinkle blanket area below

9Q8A3030 rev7.jpg

9Q8A3030 (3) 100% crop.jpg

to be honest, i am still so new to this that i dont know what the difference would be to remove all the texture or not. Since you are the expert, i will trust your guidance until i develop my own "eye" and "style" for the photos.

Right now, i would like to do the best that i am able to do. I would love to erase all the wrinkles, but that obviously comes at a price of loosing some/all texture. we could try it and see? what do you think?

50 minutes ago, lsin said:

to be honest, i am still so new to this that i dont know what the difference would be to remove all the texture or not. Since you are the expert, i will trust your guidance until i develop my own "eye" and "style" for the photos.

Right now, i would like to do the best that i am able to do. I would love to erase all the wrinkles, but that obviously comes at a price of loosing some/all texture. we could try it and see? what do you think?

I'd vote for having the texture match. It seems distracting to me in the examples you provided for the spots you removed wrinkles from to not have the same texture.

I'm not quite sure what Damien will recommend to fix it however. Curious to see what he has to say. :)

• Like 1