Brush lag even with hardware updates

I paint in Photoshop and have been experiencing some brush lag. I'll move the brush around and then wait a few seconds for it to catch up. Since I'm on the cheap side, I didn't want to buy a whole new 3K system so I upgraded the one I have (Dell 8900). My current specs are: i7-6700, 64gb of RAM, 1gb SSD scratch drive, 1 gb SSD boot disk, 8tb hard drive (external), and finally a mid-range discrete video card with 6gb (GeForce GTX 1060 - I only have a 6pin connector and the PSU only has 460w so I couldn't get anything better). That seems like a pretty decent system and yet... I still have brush lag. This now seems to be a software issue and I'm about to hit Adobe up but wanted to double check to see if there's anything else I should do first.

Your computer specs are fine, actually. Spending $3000 is just going to be a waste. You could see if there are any driver updates to your video card, that might help with the Graphics Processor. Just make sure you use the Dell Video Drivers and NOT the OEM drivers. Head to support.dell.com, you should be able to download their scanning tool and have it seek out any updates.

Now, this does seem to be a common problem. One solution is to turn off rulers and another is to turn on "Legacy-Composting" in the performance menu. Both yield mixed results, with the turning off the rulers working the best.

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Next time you experience this could you post a screenshot?

Lots of YouTube videos demonstrating this problem. It's been around since 2014.