Cannot Get Photos in sRGB

I recently switched computers and was setting up my lightroom and Photoshop. I once again followed the tutorials to set up sRGB color space, and my photos are still going from LR to PS in AdobeRGB mode. I am totally stumped! I did the trouble shooting section of the tutorial even, and restarted my computer...nothing. All of my photos are still in AdobeRGB. I triple checked all of my settings in each of the programs, and they're all exactly as the tutorials state, so I'm really stumped here. 

4 minutes ago, PacificMrs said:

My work flow is better with Light Room. 

Don't be naive.  There are probably citizens of North Korea who think their lives are good, but that's because they aren't allowed to leave to experience life anywhere else.  You're not a North Korean, you are able to travel and see the world.  Likewise, you're not chained to Lightroom.  Try the alternative, and see how much better it is.

6 minutes ago, PacificMrs said:

I can't get into ACR

Of course you can, and as it happens, you NEED to, to fix this Adobe RGB problem. (It's a known issue.)

So, open Photoshop, then go to File>Open, and open a raw file.  It will open in ACR.  When it does, take a screenshot and show me.

Haha, alright alright, I'll give it a shot! I'll spend this week learning all I can about it. I'm sure I can find plenty of info on it on your website? 

Here's the requested screenshot. 

Untitled-1.jpg

There, see?  You can access ACR.  This is only the beginning of the incorrect assumptions you've made.

Click on the blue link at the bottom, then change Adobe RGB to sRGB.  Press OK, to close that little window, then press the "Done" button at the bottom right of ACR.

That should be the missing link.  Now your LR images should open in sRGB.

2 minutes ago, PacificMrs said:

I'm sure I can find plenty of info on it on your website? 

All the info you need is provided and linked inside the article I've already given you.

Your first step is to make sure that Bridge is installed.  Which version of Photoshop do you have?

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

All the info you need is provided and linked inside the article I've already given you.

Your first step is to make sure that Bridge is installed.  Which version of Photoshop do you have?

Wonderful, thank you! 

I have CS6. 

And yes, I just tried opening from lightroom and it is in sRGB, thanks so much! I thought I had gone through and clicked the link to change the color space, but I may have exited out and not actually saved it? Not terribly sure. I'm running on newborn levels of sleep so I'm positive I thought I did something that I hadn't, haha. I appreciate your help!

10 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Excellent.

5 minutes of playing with Bridge (after watching your video) and I'm already loving it. Thank you so much for all you do!

• Like 1