Adding RAM - comp details in screen shot

MJD

Which one? 8th gen with i7 with 16gb ram or 9th gen i5 with 24gb ram? 

A Core i7 will typically be better for multitasking, media-editing and -creation tasks, high-end gaming, and similar demanding workloads. 

Did I answer my own question? Hah

• Like 1

If your monitor has a DVI / HDMI / DisplayPort, we want you to use that over the traditional 15-pin display port. 

What ports are on your display? Anything besides the VGA port? 

Oh to answer your question, the current versions of Photoshop CC, are now taking advantage of the i7's architecture that makes it so fast. This wasn't always the case. In fact, for versions like Adobe Photoshop CS6, would only have about a 5%-7% performance boost with a i7 over an i5 CPU. People used to waste so much money and have a beefy system, that was great for video games, but Photoshop didn't see any real performance gains. Now things have changed and it's better to get a i7 now over a i5, though both should work fine.

That said, if your camera has 24MP or more, it's way better to get a faster CPU chip as those Raw files can get quite large.

Yes ty. Waiting to see how long the sale is and I’m going to cash in some cc points and see if I can use both with the promotion. That’s the best price I’ve seen

• Like 1