color replacement

Rosemarie David

Looking for the QUICKEST way, not necessarily the BEST way,  to replace a color on a small area of an image (the diaper cover between the legs.)  When I use the eyedropper to select a color from another area of the image (the red socks) it brushes on this pink color instead of the selected red.   (The original color of the diaper cover is nude/tan.)  I also get the "out of gamut" warning in many areas of the red.  ??

Capture.JPG

Oh, I hope it IS easy.  I hesitated to ask and take up your time, but I've been fighting with it since yesterday.  Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.   Any guidance you can give me to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!  This is my first attempt at color replacement.

A1953.jpg

You are so incredibly kind to check back!  Actually, it's my daughter-in-law who is the photographer...we gave up on the color replacement tool method, and we were able to figure out how to accomplish it to her satisfaction this morning with a hue/sat adjustment layer.   Color changing had never come up before, so we had just started to research it for the first time a couple of days ago.  The replacement tool was the first thing we can across, but we couldn't get it to work correctly.  As soon as we switched to experimenting with H/S/L, it took an immediate positive turn and everything just fell into place.  I was going to let you know how very much I appreciated your time and your offer to help.  It's amazing what you do for everyone!!  Thank you!