On 4/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Try restarting in safe mode: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac

Then deleting the Spyder profiles.

I appreciate you going out of your way to try to find a Mac solution. I called Apple support and we ran through the safe mode together but it didn't resolve it. I went in and unfortunately had to completely erase my computer and start all over again but it seems to now be resolved. Fingers crossed anyway! I'll attach the new screenshot of my data graph. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 12.34.50 PM.png

1 minute ago, Morgankayy98 said:

Hi Damien. I’m calibrating my screen for the first time. I have a MacBook Pro 2021 and it’s suggesting I have wide LED but your answer is making me unsure. What do you think? 

I think Wide LED is the one to try first, yes.

Hi Damien, 

I'm using an ASUS VG249Q as an extended display with my MacBook for editing. I'm trying to understand the specs to figure out if I should select Wide or Standard LED for calibration. What would you select here? And just so I know how you're arriving at your answer - are you looking at the monitor's sRGB coverage (which is specified as 100%) to decide, or am I way off base? Thanks a bunch!

53 minutes ago, ayaofthestorm said:

And just so I know how you're arriving at your answer - are you looking at the monitor's sRGB coverage (which is specified as 100%) to decide, or am I way off base?

That's exactly what I'm looking at, yes.

And it's tricky, because when they say "100% sRGB" it doesn't actually say whether it exceeds sRGB in any areas of the spectrum.

I would be inclined to try Wide.

I am recalibrating my screen and I forgot to write down which backlighting I have standard or wide. My monitor is an ASUS PA278QV. I had it as wide but wanted to double check and make sure I am getting it right. The website just has the specs listed as backlighting LED. 

4 minutes ago, mcconkie said:

Hi Damien, I'm not seeing any advice on my new monitor here or on the FB group. Hoping you can help me determine the correct LED backlight selection for my Alogic Clarity monitor: https://alogic.co/products/clarity-27-uhd-4k-monitor

I intended to copy the specs too:

Colour Saturation (NTSC): 130%
Colour Saturation (DCI-P3): 97%
Colour Saturation (SRGB): 100%
Colour Saturation (Adobe RGB): 99%
Average ΔE: less than 1

I believe wide is most correct, but second guessed myself with your comment about the majority being standard.

2 hours ago, mcconkie said:

Hi Damien, I'm not seeing any advice on my new monitor here or on the FB group. Hoping you can help me determine the correct LED backlight selection for my Alogic Clarity monitor: https://alogic.co/products/clarity-27-uhd-4k-monitor

The specs don't mention gamut at all.  If it was wide, they'd boast about it for sure.  So I assume it's standard LED.

Hi Damien! I recently went from a laptop that I calibrated with these instructions to a desktop monitor and not sure which option I need to put in for the screen. I have an ASUS ProArt Display 27” 4K HDR Professional Monitor (PA279CRV). Thanks for all your help!