Jump to next slide >>

MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO RAW

Welcome to Raw processing

The small act of switching your camera from Jpeg to Raw is a big deal. It opens up a new world of control over your images, but can seem daunting at first.

In this module I will introduce you to Raw files, examine their benefits, and discuss how they fit into your workflow.

Many of you have already made the switch to Raw, either recently or long ago. But I hope you will take the time to read through this module all the same - it isn’t very long, and there are many important reminders for you.

Information overload!

There is a lot of information in this class, so take your time reading each slide. No doubt you’ll need to read some modules more than once to absorb it all. And I urge you to read the whole course regularly during your year of membership. You’ll be surprised at how many new things you pick up each time.

Important note:

If you are one of the folk who have signed up for The Bridge Class and The Raw Class at the same time, it's wise to absorb the Bridge one first.  So if you haven't read through your Bridge Class yet, please stop here and go and do that one now.  If you've signed up to this class but not the Bridge one, please consider it.  It's so vital to your whole workflow.

Correct viewing

It goes without saying that the class is best viewed on a calibrated screen.  If you don't own a monitor calibrator yet, please push it to the top of your "What I'll buy next" list.

If you're reading the class on your mobile device right now, well, I'm sure you understand that the colours you're seeing are wrong.  It doesn't matter too much for these first few modules, but please try to switch to your computer for Module 5 onwards.

Next: Asking questions >>

• Like 8