Backup options for iMac

Hello, hope im posting in the right place. I was hoping to get some recommendations for backing up ALL of my files (mostly photo/video projects) into another hard drive, I have lots of external hard drives that I have accumulated throughout the years, and Id like to have a 2nd place with all of those files, I work on an iMac, any suggestions? This is what I was considering:

don't want the external hard drives to go bad and loose everything! Thanks so much!

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07CQJBSQL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KXXKRUHFM3SK&dchild=1&keywords=desktop+external+hard+drive+for+mac&qid=1586129619&sprefix=desktop+external%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-3&fbclid=IwAR11IJIUCh5k-W5yhjObOjetHEi2rUpGoxNhDkdBagNRM1VE571L6ZsKmXk

Personally, I do not like Seagate Drives. I've had more failures with Seagate than any other brand. I've even had one "Smoke" on me.

Man, I really need to write that "The Hard Drive Article." I DO NOT recommend the "$79 Special" from Best Buy or the "This looks like a good one on Amazon..." Hard Drives  Which is what you are linking to. :DI personally do not cheap-out when it comes to a hard drive, especially if it's going to be a main source for all of your backups. For that, I like something called "Enterprise Grade" Hard Drives. Warning, these drives are usually on the expensive side, but they are meant to last. For my iMac, I have two G-Drives. One 12TB for my Photos and Files, and a 2nd that is 4TB that is used for Time Machine ONLY. 

Since you have a Mac, chances are you are using or have a Thunderbolt port. If that's the case, I'd recommend getting this 10TB Drive. The cool part is they come Mac Formatted and include all cables in the box. 

Thank you so much, I completely agree with you that I should not buy cheap drives, I have to save the $ and invest on something like you recommended. I also need to get something to use for the time machine.

So, obviously nothing on amazon is good enough for now? 

Thanks a bunch!

We will need to repartition and format this drive for use with a computer, and that will take about 5 or so minutes to do. Here is a drive I would buy for what you are looking for:

WD Black 12TB D10 Game Drive for Xbox One External Hard Drive 7200 RPM   WDBA5E0120HBKNESN (WDBA5E0120HBK-NESN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XV8JN31/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dDIKEbN38VMJ0

What I like about that drive, is it’s a 7200RPM drive. Eco-friendly / cheap drives are usually 5400RPM. So not only is it faster, it’s a HD that is tougher because it’s faster and it’s meant for gaming. More than likely, it’s a WD Caviar Black Drive, which is the kind that I have owned for the last 30 or so years and the ones I buy.