Pants

Siobhan Wolff

Hi Damien, I have just signed up for the channel mixer class.  I know it will take me time to digest all of that, and I need help with something quite urgently.  I wondered if you could help me please.  This client wants her husbands tracksuit pants changed to a beige colour.  Can you guide me through the process as I know I am not up to speed yet with using channel mixer.  Thanks 

014A3151.jpg

Ooh ... um, no it's not.

I see from your profile (and your edit!!!!) that you don't have a calibrator.  This is very bad, and you must get one as soon as you can.

In the meantime, have you compared your screen to prints and made what manual adjustments you can for it to match them?

Oh this is opening up a whole new world.  I currently edit in a lounge room with 2 big windows, but the blinds are normally open and natural light is streaming in.  I can close those blinds and then the light will only be from my LED lighting.

Actually, natural light streaming in isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as there's no glare on your screen, and as long as you're not too close to the window such that it impedes your vision.

However, that then creates a problem that you can't edit at night.

Your room must be well lit, and must be lit the same at any time of day or night (whenever you edit).

:(

It's really hard to make lamps work.  They're so ... "directional", you know?  Still, it might be your only option.

Anyway, I need you to know that your photo is dark.

36 minutes ago, Siobhan Wolff said:

Ok, here we are - ready for photoshop

014A3151.jpg

Not, like, crazy dark.  But just enough to be of concern.

1 minute ago, Siobhan Wolff said:

I chat with my hubby it may be quite easy to change the globes in the room, they are just spots in the ceiling

Oh, ok!  That lifts my spirits.