Four actions – choose your style

The set contains four actions, each a bit different in appearance and functionality. I expect you’ll only need to use one, but of course you’re welcome to try them all.

Below is a description of each action, and a link to comprehensive instructions for its use.

1. “Fixed watermark, no border”

wmact01.thumb.jpg.db3e8b248208b3fc4252ad1232513c16.jpg

This action resizes the image to your specifications, and automatically adds your watermark in a fixed position (either bottom right, or dead centre).

If this one is for you, click here for instructions.

2. “Variable watermark, no border”

wmact02.thumb.jpg.69cad688edeb950d3b356b5bc892c12c.jpg

This action resizes the image to your specifications, and adds your watermark, then allows you to move it to the most suitable position for each individual photo.

Due to the brief pause for manual intervention on each photo, this action isn’t as fast as the one above (although still much MUCH faster than doing the whole process manually, of course). However, individually positioning a watermark is the best possible security against online image theft, so some of you will consider the extra time worthwhile, I’m sure.

3. “Fixed watermark with border”

wmact03-1.thumb.jpg.e4fc6bf4b327e8024136af95f4df50c2.jpg

This action resizes the image to your specifications, including a border whose thickness and colour you can choose. Then it automatically adds your watermark in a fixed position, just like the first action.

4. “Variable watermark with border”

wmact04-1.thumb.jpg.f983d157ecd6f3fbc9042ef9bb2ab5ab.jpg

Finally, this is a combination of the previous two – it gives your images a border, and allows you to manually position the watermark.

Hello! I have photos ready to export from Bridge. I would like to apply a "PROOF" watermark on the export like I do in LR, but it appears that is not an option. I see your link to the PS action that can be used, thank you, I will try that out! My question is after applying the watermark, do you have to save the PSD file? Or can you export the file from PS and then you wouldn't export from Bridge? I would prefer not to have a PSD file just to have my watermark on it, but that might be the only option. Thank you!