SpyderTune - No Changes Happening?

Hello,

First of all, wonderful site!  I’ve been rummaging through the posts and articles and have found a lot of great information here. Well done!

That said, I’m having some difficulty with calibrating a multi-monitor setup using the Datacolor Sypder5Elite and I’ve been unable to locate a similar thread topic. 

Hardware Involved:
Dell Precision Workstation 5520 with a WD19TB Docking Station

Main Display (Laptop Screen): UHD 15.6" 4k (3840x2160@60Hz, 8-bit, Landscape Orientation)

Second Main Display (External): Philips 43” BDM4350 (3840x2160@60Hz, 8-bit, Landscape Orientation)

First Secondary Display (External, Left of Philips)): Acer 27” B276HUL (2560x1440@60Hz, 8-bit, Portrait Orientation)

Second Secondary Display (External, Right of Philips): Acer 27” B276HUL (2560x1440@60Hz, 8-bit, Flipped Portrait Orientation)

I have all of the external displays connected via the docking station using a single Thunderbolt connection from the laptop.  From the dock, the Philips is connected via DisplayPort 1.2 (direct to the dock), and the two Acers are connected through a Startech Dual 4k (DisplayLink) adapter via two separate DisplayPort 1.2 cables. The laptop display and the Philips use the laptop’s Intel HD P630 graphics and Nvidia Quadro M1200 adapters.

The issue:

I’ve calibrated each of the displays several times over the past week.  In each of the attempts, the main displays end up being pretty close with only a few fine modifications needed (red-shift mostly) via the SpyderTune option.  However, the two Acer monitors are always way too green/blue.  What complicates matters is that nothing I do can seem to get the SpyderTune sliders to have ANY impact whatsoever on these two screens.  Unlike the other two, when I  move the sliders, nothing at all happens; I can’t make any adjustment.

Has anyone ever heard of such an issue with the SpyderTune not working on specific monitors or similar configurations?  Is there another option somewhere that will allow me to adjust the colors to match the other two displays more closely?

The Acer monitors don’t give me very good color control options, just “warm” or “cool” and sRGB mode ON/OFF.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Rick

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that.  Bypassing the DisplayLink device solved the problem.  Apparently color calibration is an issue with DisplayLink devices.  I found some threads elsewhere on the topic and tied a few of the things mentioned, but it doesn't seem to be something I will be able to get to work.  I'll have to live with the two main displays being calibrated.

Thanks for your help!