Do you think this is a good desktop?  Thanks!

CyberPowerPC - Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 3 2300X - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 570 - 1TB HDD + 240GB SSD - Black

• Storage Type: SSD, HDD
  • Total Storage Capacity: 1240 gigabytes
  • Solid State Drive Capacity
    240 gigabytes
  • Hard Drive Capacity: 1000 gigabytes
  • System Memory (RAM):8 gigabytes
  • Graphics:AMD Radeon RX 570
  • Processor Speed (Base):3.5 gigahertz
  • Processor Model: AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 3
  • Processor Model Number
    2300X
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

No. This is why...

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 8.29.17 AM.png

The main hard drive is too small by today's standards. It's really mean for the OS only and one or two programs. You will NOT be able to store images on it and will have to be super-anal on what is installed where.

Have you seen this article that I wrote?

Yes, I read that! Will this one be better? Thanks for your help!!

Processor 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 9400 (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64bit English
Video Card Intel® HD Graphics
Chassis Options 460 Watt Power Supply
Memory 16GB DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB (Additional memory sold separately)
Hard Drive 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD (Storage)
Wireless Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650, 2 x 2, Bluetooth 5.0
CD ROM/DVD ROM  Tray Load DVD-RW Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
XPS 8930 XPS 8930 Base
Keyboard Black Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard (English)
Monitor If accessories are purchased, they may ship separately
Driver    Killer™ AX1650 (2x2) built on Intel WiFi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0 Driver
Mouse  6 Button Laser Mouse
Sound Integrated 5.1 with WAVE MAXX Audio® Pro
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Cable US Power Cord
Documentation/Disks Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French Multi-language)
Systems Management  Windows System driver, XPS 8930
Placemat Windows 10 Placemat

Nope. It's actually worse.

I'm not crazy about the i5 CPU chip. These days it's better to get a Intel i7 CPU. The i9 for Photoshop work, is honestly overkill.

This is a HUGE RED FLAG: "Video Card Intel® HD Graphics." Notice how it doesn't specify Video Memory? That's because it's integrated and uses the RAM to work. You want the video card to have at least 4GB of Dedicated Video Memory.

Also, due to COVID, the manufacturer's are trying to recoup losses from this year. The manufactures that make the individual parts which make up computers, are also behind production. Which means that there is less supply to go around so the prices are higher. You will need to budget an extra $500-$1000 for a computer purchase. Most of the items that I recommend, which should create a computer that should last around 7 years, is way more expensive now.

Yesterday's $1200-$1500 computers are now around $2000 - $2500. It's a real bad time to be in the market for a computer, so please look for any discounts or coupon codes. If you are trying to keep the cost lower than $1000, do yourself a favor and save up and wait. More than likely, the PC you are looking at was the $500 or less model last year. :/

Here is a computer that checks all of the boxes for my recommendations:

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.50.04 PM.png

Notice the price-tag? $3180! That same PC would have retailed for about $1800 or so last year, before the world went insane.

Here, I went searching on Dell's Website and did a quick configuration:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/desktops-all-in-one-pcs/xps-tower-special-edition/spd/xps-8930-se-desktop/cto8930w10ph150s?view=configurations&configurationid=12b42cc6-eff0-4b4b-80ea-af20510298fb

Here is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.54.45 PM.png

In reality, you need to budget around $1500-$2000 for a lower-end model. Prices are insane right now.

I’m sorry, you need to wait a little longer and save up a bit more. Sell some crap that you no longer need. Be creative. Every dollar adds up. 

See this?

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.51.55 PM.png

Please read my article that I wrote. Particularity in the very first section: 

"...a Video Card that has it's own separate and dedicated Video Memory."

Notice how it only says "Integrated Graphics" with no mention of separate and dedicated Video Memory? It only lists RAM. Therefore, the video takes a chunk of RAM in order for it to use. Video RAM is a lot faster and more efficient than your typical RAM. Today's Photoshop relies on dedicated video memory for a performance boost. 

So no. I'd skip that one.

That one should be fine. You really have to pay attention to the details and avoid the buzzwords like "Optaine" "Super-Duper" "XJ245 Excelsior!!" That's marketing. It's to make you think you are buying something fancy.

I realize my main article on what to look for is a bit long, so give the short version a read instead.