Dell Inspiron Touchscreen slow after firmware update

Hi Brian,

I have Dell Inspiron Touch screen laptop, with intel core i7, 7th gen, that I bought 3 years ago. I use it for photography stuff and recently installed python, and working on small projects. I am taking some courses and will be doing that starting next wek too. It did a firmware update yesterday, and since then the laptop has ben SLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. Taking nearly 10 seconds or more to respond to each click. I have close to 500GB or free space and the same amount used.

I ran Glary last month and just now and it cleaned cache and stuff. Has it got something to do with firmware update? What else i can do to fix the issue? I really do not want to buy a new HW right now. Thanks a lot for your help

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Has it got something to do with firmware update?

If all your problems started after the Firmware update, I'd say yes...it screwed up your computer. You might want to download a fresh copy of the firmware and re-flash it. Or see if you can rollback the update, in which you might want to contact Dell for help going on this route. Firmware is a tricky thing, you could have done nothing wrong and it screws up the hardware. Sometimes you can undo things, other times re-flashing works too. In rare cases, you are buying a new computer.

Oh, there might be other firmware updates for other components to fix your slowness problem, so be sure to check for everything. Again, you might want to call Dell on this one. Even if they charge you for support, it will be cheaper than buying a new computer.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking there is some other update that you might need to do. Are there any firmware updates for the Touchscreen or other components? With support.dell.com, you can type in the Serial Number (aka the Service Tag) and work your way down through the firmware updates. Often, Dell has software that will scan your computer and let you know what needs updating. I'm assuming this is how you found out about the firmware update?

I found out about the updates as I saw it happening. I clicked install updates and it showed me updating firmware. I still haven’t gotten around to looking at dell support. Will try tomorrow when kids are back to their routine and update