Going from PC to 27 iMac

Apple really wants you to "Go Big or Go Home." What is your budget and what are you planning on doing with the Mac? Editing Photos? Video? 

Whatever you do,  SKIP THE 21.5" iMac line. They are a waste of money and can't be upgraded easily after the fact. By the time you purchase a $1499 21.5" iMac and upgrade it to 16GB, you are $100 less than a stock $1799 iMac.

As far as the 27" iMac, believe it or not, the stock $1799 version should meet most people's needs. If you want something better, you should look at the $2299 model. Like I said, "Go Big or Go Home."

After purchasing the iMac, I'd head to Crucial.com, run their scanning tool and upgrade the RAM to 24GB (Purchase a 16GB kit.) Whatever you do, try not to purchase Apple's RAM. It is extremely over-priced for what it is.

If I had money to blow and wanted a "SuperFast Edition" iMac, I'd customize the $2299 model with the following upgrades:

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 7.23.43 PM.png

Cost: $2999 - Not including AppleCare & Shipping/Tax

Then I would purchase the 16GB RAM kit from Crucial to max out the RAM to 32GB.

Stock $1799 iMac, which should be perfectly acceptable for the majority, unless you have a Nikon D800/800E, Nikon D810 or one of those Canon 50MP cameras. Then you really need the "SuperFast Edition" that I posted above.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 7.26.43 PM.png