Mac Book Pro Calibration

spea515

Hellllllppppp! I've tried to calibrate my Mac Book Pro many times in the last week and it's still not right. Colors are super contrasty and warm on screen, but exported jpgs viewed on other screens look ok and obviously print matching isn't working. I'll attach some examples.

I have the updated graphics card and I'm wondering if this is the problem-

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Running Catalina

Any tips on what to do?

DSC_1008.jpeg

DSC_0956.jpeg

DSC_0874.jpeg

I'm thinking this might be the issue:
Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 7.23.31 PM.png

I'm wondering if it's calibrating the Intel Graphics Card and not the AMD. I think the AMD is only used with an external display, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. You also might need to invest in a Spyder X Elite, but that is the last resort.

Honestly, I don't have an answer for you. Calibration is Damien's thing. It's these two blasted graphics cards that are built into current Macbooks. I would load the Calibration Software, and then do this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202053.

We need to find out what Graphics Card the Calibration software is using. Also, we need to find out if it's loading the correct Monitor Profile. I'm thinking the Spyder 5 is calibrating the Intel Card and creating a profile for that, but Photoshop is using the AMD video card. So when Photoshop loads, it doesn't have the correct monitor profile to utilize. But I could totally be wrong on this one.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Spyder 5 Elite Software and check to see if the Spyder 5 Pro software is using the AMD Video Chip. (See Link above.)

Re-calibrate using Damien's instructions. I'm wondering if there is some sort of option / preference setting in the Spyder Software that makes is use the AMD Radeon Pro Card. You might have to go hunting in the configuration menus.