ASUS PA279Q - starting all over and not sure on which setting to start with

After going back and forth with you guys on the Dell 2515H monitor and Colormunki Display, I gave up and bought the new ASUS PA279Q and a colormunki 1Display Pro, praying it would be the difference I needed to match my Millers prints. I ordered the same prints from WHCC as well to compare.

Here's the question. When I'm calibrating, I reset to factory settings, correct? Then it gives you many options on which display to use. Standard (where you can adjust the Kelvin later), Adobe RGB, sRGB more, Scenery, Theater and 2 user modes. I've spent the time today calibrating them all, and now i'm confused.  Which mode do I start in after factory re setting?

Lastly, when you're in PS, and you're proofing the image, do you click on preserving the RGB numbers? or leave it unchecked?

Thank you so much! Hopefully this will be the last of it and I can FINALLY get back to actually shooting and editing!!!

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 9.40.50 PM.png

1 hour ago, Ykpettengill said:

Here's the question. When I'm calibrating, I reset to factory settings, correct? Then it gives you many options on which display to use. Standard (where you can adjust the Kelvin later), Adobe RGB, sRGB more, Scenery, Theater and 2 user modes. I've spent the time today calibrating them all, and now i'm confused.  Which mode do I start in after factory re setting?

My instructions cover this.

1 hour ago, Ykpettengill said:

Lastly, when you're in PS, and you're proofing the image, do you click on preserving the RGB numbers? or leave it unchecked?

Neither.  For now, you must not touch the soft-proofing.  You MUST get the calibration to satisfactorily match your prints without the assistance of soft-proofing.

But later, when you are soft-proofing, you always leave it unchecked.

Thank you. I read the wide gamut myth, and most if not all the articles you'd posted lol. I guess I'm confused why even get a monitor with Adkbe rgb? I get not editing in that mode in PS, I get the 8 bit vs 16, that all made sense. Is it just for your personal viewing pleasure or for movies?? Assuming your clients or print labs won't see what you're seeing, so use standard mode and calibrate that? I read the which monitor to buy too...just curious now because it seems like uhd, 4K and 5k monitors are so common, if this rule still applies?