Jump to next slide >>

A suggestion

You're probably aware that in the last few years, Adobe have had a very poor track record of releasing new versions of their software with a lot of bugs and problems still in them.  Maybe you've been one of the unfortunate people who have updated Photoshop CC, for example, then been cursed with constant crashes or other issues.

So for this reason, I suggest turning off the Auto Updates in Creative Cloud.  Go to Preferences ...

temp.thumb.png.44a14c6efff7efbd3d8d6bc23a143c05.png

... where first of all you'll see the General tab.  I think it's ok to allow the Creative Cloud app itself to update when needed.  I haven't encountered any glitches:

bridge02b.thumb.png.89b11c62b7d48aa051d7b1f28843c4af.png

However, I recommend going to the Apps tab and turning off the Auto-update for the individual apps:

bridge02c.thumb.png.3d54c39673de017279d44fe52d66dea9.png

Creative Cloud will still alert you when there are updates available, but won't force them on you without your say-so.  When you see that an update has arrived, you can watch your chat forums and groups to see what people are saying about it.  If, after a few weeks, nobody has mentioned any problems, you can manually update at your discretion.

As I said, this is merely my suggestion.  If you like to live at the exciting cutting edge of new software, by all means let those auto-updates roll in.

Ok, let's get back to talking about Bridge.

The Bridge interface >>

• Like 2