On 7/26/2016 at 8:21 PM, Rhonda Haar said:

Can anyone point me in the correct direction or link on how to properly create a Facebook cover page and sharpening?  Thank you

On 7/26/2016 at 9:59 PM, Damien Symonds said:

As far as I know, cover pics are still 851x315 pixels.

For sharpening, browse these and see what you like.

While that is the correct size, I've had better luck cropping to that ratio (851:315) - and then resizing to 2048px on the long side. This seems to look better across all devices, whereas resizing to the exact size can make it look bad on mobile. 

5 hours ago, Samantha LaRue said:

While that is the correct size, I've had better luck cropping to that ratio (851:315) - and then resizing to 2048px on the long side. This seems to look better across all devices, whereas resizing to the exact size can make it look bad on mobile. 

This is exactly what I do!  :)  Anything less than 2048 on the long edge looks utter crap on mobile.

Also, the display size of FB cover photos **for groups and pages** seems to now be 828x315, so you'll have a little bit cut off the sides if you design specifically to the 851:315 aspect ratio.  I can't find anything concrete about this from FB (one or two forum posts and articles making this claim, like this one and this one), but I have noticed the edges being slightly cropped on my biz page cover photos.

5 hours ago, Samantha LaRue said:

Oh, good tip!!