Curved monitors?! And other PC spec questions

I am currently saving up to get a desktop set up, but I am looking to build something that will have a dual use for gaming as well as photo editing. Are there any specific recommendations for what I should include or avoid?

What is the consensus on curved monitors in regards to photo editing? I know they are big in gaming but I’m 50/50 on if I like them or not and definitely won’t get one if it will have any negative effect with photo editing. Can you even properly calibrate a curved monitor?

Thank you!!

COVID has really jacked up the prices. Especially when it comes to Video Cards. Expect to pay around $3000 for a decent gaming computer that also runs Photoshop well and about $350-ish for a display. Check out some recent threads, I’ve given some links to stuff. Here is my latest article / rant:

Buying a Computer in 2021

As for a curved monitor....

”Meh.” 

Personally I like a nice flat IPS-based display  in 2021. 27” is a really good size. Anything larger is personal taste and bragging rights. I’d also make sure both the video card and display have a DisplayPort or HDMI port.