Photoshop CC 2021

Hello Brian. I hope it's ok to ask this here. I don't know why I can't access " ask Damien " ??  Does the 2021 version of PS CC have any glitches ? Is it ok to upgrade?

I don't have Big sur I am on Mojave 10.14.6 

Thank  you for any help.

12 hours ago, Michelle Pena said:

Does the 2021 version of PS CC have any glitches ? Is it ok to upgrade?

It has all sorts of glitches.

I'm running Catalina and PS CC 2021. Not sure how well it will play with Mojave. Honestly?!? It's not that much of a big deal; in fact, you really aren't missing out on much. Unless you are interested in the fancy tools, but the stuff that photographers need can be accomplished in CS6! The most stable Photoshop CC is PS CC 2019. Hands down that works with just about everything, including older plug-ins and such.

Personally...I'm thinking about going back to 2019. The cool part is that Adobe doesn't delete the older versions, they are still on your HD if you upgrade. So if you do go the PS 2021 route, you can always load PS CC 2019 in case if things get wonky.

Ok, thanks, I really was interested in how the sky enhancement works with the new version. I forget about how you can downgrade! I may give it a try, I'm so indecisive lol 

So , when upgrading or downgrading make sure to follow the trouble shooting for the colors space correct ? It doesn't keep the settings .

If it installs properly, it should copy the settings from the older version. Photoshop will install next to the older version of Photoshop. YOU have to manually initiate the un-install of them. What changes is the current version will be on the Dock Bar, and the older versions will be in your Applications Folder. So go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work well for you, then use the older version.

One more thing, whenever ACR Updates, it almost always changes the default in ACR from sRGB back to AdobeRGB (1998). So when it doubt, use my instructions to verify things:

Setting up Photoshop

Got it! So far ACR is still in the sRGB space but I'll keep watch every time I open. Is the 2021 version a huge program. I mean my iMac is about two years old but still would not want it to slow down. Just curious though!