Keep the chalk, lose the fence

Suzoofam

Hi Damien,

Years ago, I took all your classes and followed your group on facebook forever. I have been using what you taught ever since, but this has me stumped! 

On the left side of this photo, I would like to keep the chalk but have a black background. I have several images like this with different gymnasts. I know the answer may be, "get a wider backdrop" but this is what I have.  Hoping your photoshop genius has a easy-ish fix.

Using Adobe Photoshop 2021

sam6C7A1519.jpg

sam26C7A1519.jpg

LOL, I was just coming to change it. New computer and hadn't changed anything since reinstalling adobe photoshop. Adobe photoshop 2021. 

sam6C7A1519.jpg

sam26C7A1519.jpg

Edited by Suzoofam

Ah, I see.

I'm afraid there are no quick tricks for this.  You'll have to patiently use Levels to darken the too-light sections one at a time.  Then after that is done, do a "Stamp visible layer" (Ctrl Alt Shift E) on top of all the other layers, then edit out the remaining lines with clone or maybe some content aware fill.

Well, I kinda "cheated" or "thought creatively" however you'd like to look at it. I fixed one image and used the chalk from that image and merged it with the gymnast in each of the other images. So the chalk is the same for each image, but since no one is going to be displaying the images next to each other, no one will be the wiser. :)

• Like 1