Alyce i1Studio

37 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yeah, that doesn't looks entirely promising.  Still, let's wait and see how the print comparison goes.

It wasn't good, screen is too warm so I recalibrated at the next white point (Native) and it's still too warm. From my very first calibration my brightness couldn't go as low as it needed to. is this going to effect the entire calibration?

its pretty close! I think I was able to get the brightness down enough with your suggestion, but then when I calibrated it told me to bump it up again. (I had the luminance set to 80)

I tried again setting the luminance to native and it seems ok.

The screen is still slightly warmer and i'm already using white point D75. Because my colour temp is set to 'user' (allowing me to reduce rgb) does this mean I don't have any more options to make the screen cooler?

Edited by Alyce Dickson

I saw your list, thank you.

6 minutes ago, Alyce Dickson said:

The rooms pretty bright I even opened the blind directly behind me when comparing. But the main print i was comparing was quite dark all round..  its not as obvious on lighter tones... 

16264763523123688927859521217963.jpg

So have you tried "Normal" yet?

Ive just left the house but i think when i chose any (other than user) i wasnt able to change the rgb values to get the brightness down. I think at one point i could get the colours pretty right (maybe using normal) it was just too bright so i guess thats better than nothing? 

Oh, right, yeah, I see.  That makes sense.  (Although it sure is disappointing!)

13 hours ago, Alyce Dickson said:

The screen is still slightly warmer and i'm already using white point D75. Because my colour temp is set to 'user' (allowing me to reduce rgb) does this mean I don't have any more options to make the screen cooler?

No, it means you'll have to manually tweak those user settings to make the screen cooler (mainly reducing red and increasing blue), then calibrating again on "Native".

On 7/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Damien Symonds said:

How did it go, @Alyce Dickson?

Hi Damien, 

I have no idea if what i'm doing is right but it's kind of working... I've had another go at calibrating - i've used the setting úser' but with the same rgb values as 'normal' and reduced them all by the same amount to get the brightness down then ran the calibration. it was still warm so i've tweaked the rgb and "I think" the colours and brightness are close.

1. Do I now run the calibration again? 

2. Could just be me but the prints look sharper and possibly more saturated than on screen, is that normal?

3. Should all my prints be spot on? the more neutral ones look perfect but then I compare the images with more colour and they don't look as close 

Mostly greens, but the purple in the flowers too.... maybe its just me and they're all not right its just less noticeable in the more neutral pictures.

and then this one the red dirt looks quite washed out in the print  image.png.3a41f8f1f75b9b7ae637c3b89e8db6e3.png

image.png

image.png