How do I mask Red out of face with saturation adjustment layer.

Sharon Miles

Hi Damien,  I realize I need to retake the class and I will asap.  So, please if you can, show me how to mask off the red in his sunburn face with saturation layer mask.  Chris Portman-6265-Edit-Edit.jpg  Thanks so much.  Sharon Miles

So sorry about my delayed response.  I had family visiting.

Yes, saving the raw file as a jpeg is exactly the right way to do it. But I need you to do the raw processing first (white balance, exposure, etc).  Go ahead and do that, then save it as a jpeg again and upload for me.  By the way, never forget the noise removal as part of your raw processing.

No Prob.  Is it ok if I do the pre editing you mention in LR instead of ARC?  My work flow is doing the pre edit in LR then move into PS.  If so, do I do this then drag the file over to this place to upload?  

Haha.  I just saw your request for me to "Change My Life".  After we adopted 3 older age children that did not speak our language and now all teenagers,  I say, "I need a new life" all the time.  But in the world of Photography I may take you up on this and get rid of LR.    I will certainly give it a try.   Did I totally tick you off when I told you I hit "Auto" in ACR?    It was kinda scary to reveal this fact.    

9 hours ago, Sharon Miles said:

I pulled this straight into ACR and hit Auto.  Did this fix the white balance and noise problems?

Of course I can't see the noise, because you haven't showed me a 100% crop.

But I can definitely see that no, the white balance is still wrong.

Please please PLEASE take The Raw Class.  Your life will be plagued by what you think are "skin tone problems" until you know how to edit raw files properly.

1 hour ago, Sharon Miles said:

Can I ask another question.  When I work in Lumanance and Color to help grain, it is what happens in Portraiture?   

DO NOT USE PORTRAITURE.  Not for now.  Get your raw processing mastered first.