upgrading monitor

lcables

I also found this single eizo. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1566862-REG/eizo_cs2731_bk_coloredge_cs2731_27_hardware.html?sts=pi&pim=Y

I have had a Dell 27" & have had problems with it flickering as I am editing every time. 

I like the idea of 2 monitors, to have bridge on one and photoshop on the other, however I can do with one.

Hey, when I read this:

EIZO designed the ColorEdge CS2731 with an anti-glare panel, a native resolution of 2560 x 1440, In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, 10-bit support for 1.07 billion colors, a 16-bit LUT, a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, a static contrast ratio of 1000:1, 350 cd/m2 brightness, 109 pixels per inch, and a 10 ms (GtG) response time. Using the 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles, it is possible to watch content from virtually any position. This display has one HDMI input, one DisplayPort input, and one DVI-D input. There is also a USB Type-C port that supports DP alt mode, data transfers of up to 5 Gb/s using the USB 3.1 Gen 1 standard, and up to 60W of power for device charging. Additional USB ports include one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-B input, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A outputs with 0.9A of charging power per port, and two USB 2.0 Type-A outputs with 0.5A of charging power per port.

All I can think of is this:

Yes, Eizos are nice displays, but honestly? Complete over-kill. Damien has written a few articles on this subject.

Take a look at Buying a Wide Gamut Screen. If you do go the Eizo route, I'd get it with the Eizo Calibration Tool and calibrate it weekly.

Honestly if it were me, I'd buy the Dual Dell Displays and a Spyder X Elite Calibration Tool for around the same cost as the Eizo. Now, keep in mind, you will never get two monitors, even the same make/model, to match 100%. The best you can hope for is something close. So even if you get two monitors, get one of the displays matching your set of physical test prints to edit off of, and use the other display for everything else.

thank you Brian!

I don't know that I want to calibrate weekly.....sounds like adding more work to current work load. 

I will look more into a single monitor that isn't high maintenance  :)

Edited by lcables

A single Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitor is fine. You don't need a 4K fancy Display. A simple single 27" IPS Display with 2560x1440 resolution is perfect for photo editing. There are many different models out there, just make sure the display is IPS (In-Plane Switching) based. Here are some from a quick search. As with any technological-based product in 2021, the prices are a bit higher than they were a year or so ago. But you should be able to find something for $500 or less. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2717D-UltraSharp-InfinityEdge-Widescreen/dp/B01D402Z28/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=dell+ultrasharp+ips+27"&qid=1633031182&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Ultra-Thin-FreeSync-DisplayPorts-Certified/dp/B091955LC7/ref=dp_fod_1?pd_rd_i=B091955LC7&th=1

But whatever you do, AVOID THE CURVED DISPLAYS.

• Like 1