Exporting images to use in a video

I found a friend who is helping me make a promo video. He is just starting to get into the video making industry. He looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him about resolution for the images I send him for the video. The video will go on YouTube. I found a link to the best resolution for videos on YouTube, but it didn't make sense to me. 

Hmm, I am not sure what to advise. I have a good guess, but I don't want to give you bad info. My thought is though, that your images should be resized and cropped to " 1920px x1080px " , and then sharpened. But I don't know how that works when you're adding images to video. You might just have to crop your images to the 16:9 shape that Youtube uses and send the full resolution file and not sharpen it. 

Wait for Damien to get on in a bit and see if he has any additional experience with this!

• Like 1

I don't have any experience at all, sadly.  But I think it's fairly safe to say that if your friend does any animation with your photos - fading in, or whatever - then any sizing or sharpening you've done will probably go out the window.

So I'd say just send the full-sized files.

• Like 2