Crimped hair of the 80s ;-)

Ereagan

The girl with the braces' hair looks crimped.  It was perfectly straight in real life so I am assuming it is moire.  I've tried just about every tutorial I can find and nothing seems to work.  How can I fix it in PS or LR?  Ignore the bra showing and the horrid tan lines...the pic I'm attaching is SOOC.  I know how to fix those things but that "crimped" hair is driving me bonkers.  It will be printed 30x40 (if that even makes a difference).  Thank you thank you thank you!  

SOOC.jpg

100%crop.jpg

Honestly, I don't really see it much at 100% but the client got a 4x6 printed and it was definitely crimpy looking.  Trying to make sure it's fixed before I fork out the money for her 30x40.

I started over with this image so this image is not edited the exact same way as the one I originally sent her that printed "crimped" so MAYBE it was my fault??  

It was most definitely a crappy one...costco.  I did not prepare as 4x6.  She just had the 11x15 cropped file on a flash drive.  I did export out of LR and not PS which I now know is a no no.  You told me how to prepare the file for 30x40 print in another thread...What would be the best way to prepare a file like this for a flash drive so that this crap won't happen again?  Do I just do the same thing but instead of cropping to 30x40, I crop with 11x15 dimensions and 300 PPI in PS?  (If it matters, I allow clients to print at any size.  I recommend Mpix but they don't listen...ever.)

My issue with jumping into that class right now is that I feel like I need to start with raw and work through them in "order"...oh and I needed to order this print like yesterday.  -said by every photographer everywhere I'm sure.  lol

Yes, it's a real blight on the profession.  I can't think of any other profession where people start a business and accumulate clients first, then gradually learn the craft later.

I'm not meaning to offend you personally, just making an observation about the industry as a whole.

Honestly, I think every profession is a little like that.  I went to grad school to be a school counselor but there is only so much you can learn in classes and internships.  I have learned more since getting my counseling job through hands on experience than I would've ever learned in a class.  I'm would think that lawyers, teachers, and other professionals are the same way.  Now having said that, I definitely shouldn't have been charging and taking clients when I first started photography years ago.  I was one of "those" and am embarrassed by my early work.  I have come quite a ways though and have come to realize that the more I learn, the more I realize how little I truly know.  I honestly don't think photographers realize how bad they are until they improve and know better.  I don't think the industry is ruined because of the photographers that are trying to learn; I think the real issue are the photographers that produce crap work and think that it's AMAZING and never try to get better.  Thanks for your help!  =)    

Edited by Ereagan
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2016 at 11:14 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Yes, it's a real blight on the profession.  I can't think of any other profession where people start a business and accumulate clients first, then gradually learn the craft later.

I'm not meaning to offend you personally, just making an observation about the industry as a whole.

i may or may not have done this. did the same thing with spinning/fiber arts too.  

just can't do anything the proper way. LOL!