Test prints

I got test prints from Miller's. They sent color-corrected ones and also some straight from my file to their printer. They look the same except very subtle differences. What am I missing? The blue is gone thank goodness, but I was thinking that the prints would look different for some reason if my calibration is off. Maybe it was just those few prints from the other lab and my calibration is good??

Anyway, my question is, in soft-proofing, the monitor doesn't look good at all (with the ICC profiles that Miller's sent), but the prints are good. What's that mean?

3 hours ago, Michelle Gifford said:

I got test prints from Miller's. They sent color-corrected ones and also some straight from my file to their printer. They look the same except very subtle differences. What am I missing? The blue is gone thank goodness, but I was thinking that the prints would look different for some reason if my calibration is off. Maybe it was just those few prints from the other lab and my calibration is good??

This is great news.

3 hours ago, Michelle Gifford said:

Anyway, my question is, in soft-proofing, the monitor doesn't look good at all (with the ICC profiles that Miller's sent), but the prints are good. What's that mean?

Can you show me a screenshot of your soft-proofing settings?

23 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Did the lab specifically tell you to use Perceptual?

NEVER use working CMYK.

They did. The ICC profile came with PDF instructions. I can't remember what I was working in before I swapped the profile for soft proofing. What should it be?

1 minute ago, Michelle Gifford said:

I haven't tested any reds from them yet, but am sending some asap.

What?  I thought you said you had prints with reds in them?  Reds that had turned dark?

Just now, Michelle Gifford said:

What profile should I be working in?

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2014/07/proof-setup-working-cmyk-not-really.html