Michelle (SpyderXPro)

2 minutes ago, Michelle Gifford said:

What if only SOME of the prints seem blue, and others look good?

That's the WORST, isn't it?  Are they all from exactly the same print batch?

3 minutes ago, Michelle Gifford said:

And one of my test prints where the family wore red, all of them look dark red/maroon.

That's likely to be a soft-proofing issue, not a calibration one.  I'd ignore that print at this stage.

Skin tones look ok to me, especially the girl in the white dress, so if I were to warm these up, she will really look orange, won't she? I'm so frustrated because I am at a point where I have to deliver these pageant prints, the wedding, and the senior gallery. What's the quickest and most effective way to do this now?

No, they don't. But both were WB'd with the sheet...

The pageant photo of the girl both with her mom and full length, her dress looks blue in my print, but not on monitor.

The wedding photo looks great in print...

Edited by Michelle Gifford

11 minutes ago, Michelle Gifford said:

No, they don't.

Good!

12 minutes ago, Michelle Gifford said:

The pageant photo of the girl both with her mom and full length, her dress looks blue in my print, but not on monitor.

It's definitely a bit blue, so your monitor must be too warm.

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

That's the WORST, isn't it?  Are they all from exactly the same print batch?

That's likely to be a soft-proofing issue, not a calibration one.  I'd ignore that print at this stage.

I just read the soft-proofing thing. Why doesn't everyone do this from the start so they know what they are getting? Am I missing something? I didn't know this existed. How do I fix reds?? This gallery contains an older gentleman with terminal brain cancer, so I have to get this gallery out ASAP. 

_MG_9087.jpg
this second image is a photo of the print. See the maroon?

2F826EB0-EF7F-4E20-ABAE-BC27FB2C7B4E.jpeg

Edited by Michelle Gifford
added image

24 minutes ago, Michelle Gifford said:

I'm so confused. Wouldn't ALL my prints be too cool if my monitor was too warm? Why would only some of them? So if I cool my monitor down, won't it affect the other prints that look good? 😫

I agree.  It sucks.  You need to find the best middle ground.

6 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I agree.  It sucks.  You need to find the best middle ground.

Would middle ground right now for the red gallery to allow the lab to color correct, or just try the profile? I'm in tears right now over this red. It's more stressful than the blue! I did over 1000 Santa photos last week (which you know includes red) that I have to get out as well.

Let me vent a bit, if that's allowed. So I am a member of several photography groups, many of which have photogs making $$$$ off their prints. When I mention calibration, they don't do it, and they allow labs to color correct. I also spoke to a few friend photographers here where I am. How is this the case that they are successful and produce great images if the right way to go is to accurately calibrate and do not allow the lab to color correct (which I agree with)? I mean why adjust WB or color at all if you're just going to allow the lab to decide what your prints look like? How are their prints beautiful if they are not calibrating? I'm beyond frustrated and really do not know where to go from here. I'm sitting here in tears over this.