Calibration on Mac Book Pro with rite pro

So, I took my laptop outside at 7:20 pm to compare my laptop with the printed images.  What I see is that my laptop has more yellow undertones while the printed pictures have more pink undertones.  What does that indicate?

So, if my light is too yellow, that would make my editing yellow as well?  I know that this is a novice question, but are my prints right, meaning that if I change my external light, then I will edit to make my images warmer.  Will that make my prints even warmer than they already are?

Yes, your prints are ALWAYS right.

Yellow light isn't so much a direct risk to your editing, although that risk certainly exists to a degree.

The problem is that if you troubleshoot your monitor calibration (warmer) to try to match your lighting, it will make you edit too cold without realising it.

On 9/7/2016 at 10:20 PM, lmancuso said:

I've recalibrate and my monitor looks a bit pinker compared to the Miller's test prints. Also, when I look at my prints compared to the monitor, they look equally bright inside but when I compare them outside in mid day light, my monitor looks much darker ( I have turned to auto brightness in settings on my laptop). Attached is my latest calibration and test shot compared to ty monitor (taken inside and out side)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've recalibrate and my monitor looks a bit pinker compared to the Miller's test prints

Not pinker - cooler.  This is because stoopid Millers always print too warm.  Have you ever had test prints from other labs?

( I have turned to auto brightness in settings on my laptop)

Was this meant to say "turned on" or "turned off"?