Switching gears to desktop

I've switched gears and am looking into having a desktop built. Here's what my friend has come up with. I hope it comes through legible enough. (Prices are US$.) Is there anything that's too much or too little or not the right thing? If it's all just right, is there anything I should think about pushing a little higher?

~untitled.png

I’m not a fan of Corsair Power Supplies. While they are very common, when they die it takes months for them to be replaced under warranty. Lots of unanswered emails…their customer service just sucks. 

The Video card choice is a bit “Meh” as well. You really want a MSI NVIDIA GTX 3070 8GB and those cards are going for $1500 all by themselves these days. Photoshop LOVES that card  

Even though that PC is close to $1500, it’s like a $500 PC a few years ago.  Prices are still insane. Everything else is ok for the most part. 

In reality, your budget needs to be around the $2500 mark and getting the Video Card I recommend is tough. While things are “better,” COVID and the ships stuck off the coast of Los Angeles are still messing with supply and prices. Things are double / triple in cost than what they should be. 

Thanks, Brian. You are a prophet of doom, but I won't hold it against you! 😂 I think I'll just try to put it off for a while longer and cross my fingers that prices come back down before my need becomes dire.

I hate wasting money on this shit. $1400 (or whatever) is still $1400. I’d hate for you to blow that money, only to turn around and have to purchase more because it’s under-powered. 

My Advice: Keep Saving. Shoot Less and Photograph More. Having 5 or so photographs that are AWESOME is much better than dealing with 50 crappy or “meh” photos.