Killer Control Center

I have noticed that on my smokin' hot super fast Dell computer you helped me build, suddenly things are taking forever to upload. I have webroot and just ran the scan, no problems found. BUT, I now am seeing Killer Control Center in my open tasks. Also, it is showing 12 Google Chrome open while I only have 1 Chrome open with only 4 tabs opened.

My question is do I need to have this silly Killer Control Center that windows 10 thinks that I now need? 

How do I get rid of all of the extra chrome tabs that are showing when I can't see them to close them out? I have recently cleared cache & cookies on Chrome and it doesn't seem to do much of  anything. 

I'm including several screen shots of what I have going on here and I really would like to know if there are things that I can do to prevent so many Chrome windows from being opened and apparently difficult to find to close out. 

Also, do you know how I can use my Webroot on my laptop as well as on my desktop? I'd love to have it on both devices.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

tasks 2.PNG

tasks 3.PNG

tasks 4.PNG

tasks 5.PNG

tasks 6.PNG

tasks 1.PNG

2 hours ago, Brink101112 said:

I now am seeing Killer Control Center in my open tasks.

Yeah, that controls the Wireless Card. It would be best if you hooked up your computer via a hard-wire Ethernet Cable and to disable the Wireless software (Killer Control Center) from starting Automatically. But if you are using WiFi to connect to the Internet, you are kinda stuck with it.

Man, I hate WiFi. :)

2 hours ago, Brink101112 said:

Also, do you know how I can use my Webroot on my laptop as well as on my desktop?

It depends on the License that you purchased. Some info here. If you only purchased the one-computer option, it won't install on a 2nd device. You need the more expensive Webroot that does 5 Devices.

From what I can see, is the Western Digital Software that thinks it's "helping" you...I'd un-install that. WD Software has never been useful, and I've dealt with it since the early 1990's. As far as the Chrome, maybe try un-installing it, reboot and then re-install? Each Browser Tab you have open takes a chunk of RAM. But it sounds like you only have one open? Or is there more?

Thanks so much. I reached out to their tech support and apparently, I didn't register online but I did purchase the 3 devices (that's the most I would ever have in our home) and can use it on the laptop as well. 

I will delete that killer control center business and get that off for sure. Also will uninstall Chrome and reboot, then reinstall. 

I only have 1 browser open but it keeps showing multiple still open. 

I appreciate your help. Have an amazing day.