Monterey

Moira

If you update to Monterey, you must be prepared to use the latest versions of Photoshop CC, and the quirkiness that comes with it. PS CC 2019 doesn't work too well, and any versions prior to that version...forget it. I wouldn't even bother with PC 2020 either, PS CC 2021 or PS CC 2022 would be in your future with Monterey.

14 hours ago, Moira said:

Does photoshop work okay after the update?

Adobe always seems to find a way to make each version of PS more bloated, unreliable and incompatible with every new Mac OS release. If you have absolute FOMO and can't bear it any longer, then feel free to upgrade. Just don't do it if you are in the middle of sessions to edit. If you do and things go horribly wrong...that's on you. :D 

I'm on Catalina with my 2017 iMac. I have no desire or need to upgrade at this point. Unless you have a brand new iMac, with a brand new iPad, with a new iPhone and brand new Apple TV and use all of Apple's built in software to utilize the Apple Ecosystem, then you will benefit from upgrading. If you just edit photos, waste time on Facebook, spend way too much time on Pinterest, watch Netflix...you do not need the latest version of the Mac OS.

I know, it keeps bugging you to upgrade. I empathize.

Well, it’s not a bad idea. The problem is when people develop issues when they upgrade. Especially if they upgrade in the middle of editing sessions. That’s when it’s really bad.

Also, you might not be using a tool that someone else uses on a normal basis that has issues, so from your POV, the new version works “fine.” For example, I do a lot of landscapes, I almost never use the liquify tool. If a person does portraits a lot, their liquify tool might develop issues, which usually generates a post in Ask Damien. Stuff like that. 

• Like 1