EHD for backup

Kathy1

Yes.

Though 1TB of storage, after formatting is 900-and-something Gigabytes. Are you sure that's large enough? That being said, if you are looking for portability, that drive has been on my Amazon Wishlist for quite some time.

I am looking at this one. I will purchase two of them if you like this.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1641575-REG/sandisk_professional_sdph91g_004t_nbaad_4tb_g_drive_usb_3_2.html

Edited by Kathy1
This looks as if it is for a MAC. I have a PC. I will keep looking. My head is spinning!

I also own, use and recommend G-Drives. That drive is fine, though I think a 6TB model is a better deal. Remember, you won't have the full 4TB to play with once it's formatted.

Speaking of which, let me know when you get that drive and we will go over partitioning and formatting it to NTFS. Lots of Manufacturers are setting their drives to ExFAT, which I do not like.

Brian, your response has been helping me not go crazy. I was looking for SSD. I thought the above G-Drive was that till I sent the link to a friend, as she is looking as well. She said it is not SSD. Okay, I want 4-6TB SSD. I will be purchasing two. I will keep looking for those options. If you have a link to one you love, please share. How do I compensate you for your time?

You want a 6TB SSD Drive? I can hear your wallet screaming all the way to my house. That. Is. Going. To. Be. Expensive. I’d recommend buying Sandisk EVO 8TB SSD Drives and making your own external. The trick will be finding a case that supports those drives. 

Why are you hung up on a SSD Drive? The G-Drives you linked to are fine drives. Even though they are traditional spinning HDs, they are Enterprise Grade. That means they are not the cheap $99 special that you are used to. If you are worried about speed, the USB 3.0 Bottleneck will kill the true potential of that SSD Drive. If you are worried about moving parts and you travel a lot, I’d get a larger capacity of that Sandisk Model that you linked to above. 

SSD isn’t bulletproof, they have their own issues. So don’t fall for marketing. Here is that drive I was talking about:

Samsung 870 QVO SATA III 2.5" SSD 8TB (MZ-77Q8T0B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089C3TZL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_T6QSBXSZRTCW84Q2182N