replace background behind sheer scarf

Elyse

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to replace the background behind the purple scarf? I have done a rough masking job replacing the background, and I am just wondering if there is a way to fix or atleast minimise how obvious the paling behind her scarf is. I have attached the SOOR, the edit and the 100% crop :) Thanks In Advance

askdamien EDIT.jpg

askdamien SOOR.jpg

damiencrop.jpg

I hadn't read that yet, but thankyou. Damien managed to write that article pretty much how the situation played out for me- except I never got the hooray at the end. I figured I'd have luck in blend modes and I tried pretty much exactly this but I struggle because the white is brighter than the rock I am trying to put in there, and I can't get the end result with the purple looking believable. Maybe I needed to have a more patient go... Gee I wish I was dealing with a white scarf, I feel I could have gotten it by now ??

wow Damien, you truely are the master! That looks so much better than any of my attempts

Yes after going away and seeing yours before I scrolled down to mine, your right- I think I need to go with a slightly more opaque brush. I'll reattempt that! Thanks again ???