Monitor Replacement Windows 10 Pro

Currently I have a Dell Ultra Sharp 2414H and it's been amazing.  I am looking to replace this and found these two 27 inch monitors.  Can you tell me which you would prefer please. 

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/dnk9   27 4K UHD

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/ds2n  27

Or do you have a better Ultra Sharp you would recommend.   

Thank you in advance for your time and help. 

I like this one better:

https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/ds2n

The reason is the Anti-Glare Hard Coating.

Now, before you go out buying a new monitor, do you have a DisplayPort (Video Port) or at least a HDMI Port on your computer? How much dedicated video memory do you have? 4000K isn't all that it's cracked up to be, especially when editing photos.

Yes I have a HDMI Port, and video memory is in the  screen shot.   

If you don't care for the 4000K or the other that I listed I only want to go 27 inch and prefer to stay with Dell Ultra sharps.  So your suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  

Video Memory.JPG

OK, it seems you have a DisplayPort Version 1.4 and a HDMI Port Version 2.0. Between the two, I'd use DisplayPort with a 4K screen.

Here's the reason that I don't "Like" 4K...it's because you cram 3840px x 2160px in the same physical area as a 27" display with a 2560px x 1440px. So what happens? Everything is much smaller.

But the detail!! 4K!! Marketing!! Buzzwords!!! I don't want to miss out!!!

Umm...yeah. So what happens? It's too small to see menus and text and such, so what do you do? You tell windows to display things at 125% or 150% just to make it easier to see things. :D 

So why not just buy a 27" display that has 2560px x 1440px? Because that in a sense is what you are doing. Of course, Apple out of all the manufactures has really perfected 5K and up-scaling and you don't have this "things looking too small issue." The Windows work-around with making everything 125% bigger isn't bad, but Apple just does it better.

My opinion? I'd buy that Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor - U2722D and be happy.

PERFECT !  I don't / didn't want a headache and don't need all the bells and whistles.  I invest that more so in my computers.  

As always Brian, THANK YOU!

One last question Brian, my Spyder 5 pro will calibrate this correct?   I really don't want to have to upgrade my calibrator again.  Not right now. 

Ummm....maybe? I have no idea. The Spyder5 is getting a "bit long in the tooth" in 2022. With the recent sales of them, I suspect a new line of Calibration Devices are going to hit the market at some point in the near future. 

So try it, the worst it will do is make your screen all wacky and you will have to un-do what you did. This is why physical test prints are so important when calibrating.

4 hours ago, Cindy said:

I just hate to buy another calibrator.  

Just like The Beatles' White Album, you need to keep buying calibrators. It's only money, right? :D 

• Haha 1