When you don't get it quite right in RAW

fotographer.nz

Hi Damien :)

Having just joined the RAW class (up to module 12) I have just completed my first attempt at following your RAW editing instructions (btw I'm finding it to be a very well put together and helpful course and intend to implement the recommendations right away) .  

After editing in RAW and then doing my photoshop work (just a little skin work, fixing the floor and USM) I felt that I hadn't quite got the overall exposure right (technically it may have been ok but I felt it needed to be a tad brighter).  

As I had already done the cloning work on the floor I opted to use the Camera Raw filter's shadow slider to brighten the image.  My question is (ideally I know I should have got it right in Raw to start with and that the Camera Raw filter isn't really Raw)  would you think that would be enough reason to go back to Raw proper to make the needed adjustments and redo my photoshop work for a small adjustment like that, or would it be acceptable to do what I did? Or would there be an even better way?  I'm hoping as I get better at my raw editing this situation won't arise but I guess even advanced editors sometimes miss something.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.

Please find attached my SOOR, PS edited and then PS edited with the Camera Raw shadow adjustment images.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 2.05.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 2.11.49 PM.png

Edited by fotographer.nz

Ah I know I'm so slack, I just don't know what to post lol your Raw class made me work harder in the studio to get everything as sharp as possible and your processing sheets work so well - I nearly posted one where my lights didn't fire in the studio but I couldn't get rid of all the colour noise in the shadows so I decided they were goners lol.  Ok let me see what I can post.