Sumsung SSD help with cable

Yeah, you just need a simple SATA Cable. Here is one:

Cable Matters 3-Pack 90 Degree Right Angle SATA Cable 18 Inches

There is a 24" version if you need more length, but I'm pretty sure 18 inches will be fine. Oh, it's a 3-pack and I like that is has 14,519 ratings and it's 5 stars. :)

The small port on the Sata SSD is for Data, this Sata Cable that you are buying from Amazon is what attaches to it. The bigger one is for the Power Connector.

201222739_ScreenShot2022-08-31at6_39_48PM.thumb.png.6695885d92c5d148bac6d30068a8fa24.png

Speaking of which, the Power Connector is keyed, meaning it only goes on one way. You might want to look at the ends of the cable to see which end is up. Don't over-think this, installing a SSD is pretty straightforward, and like I said, the cables only go on one way.

Oh, External G-Drives come with all the cables, not Samsung (and 99% of the other Manufacturers don't either.) It's one of those things that are so overlooked because chances are if you are a Tech, you already have a few in a box of cables that you have accumulated over the years. So I didn't think about it. My bad.

If you don't want a 3-pack, I found this single SATA Cable:

BENFEI SATA Cable III, SATA Cable III 6Gbps Straight HDD SDD Data Cable with Locking Latch 18 Inch Compatible for SATA

That one is a straight cable, without the 90º bend, so it might be easier for you to dork around with for your first time. That one has 32,390 Ratings and it's also 5 Stars. :)

Just be sure you click on the right boxes to select the cable that you want. SATA Cables are so common, that this shouldn't be a problem in obtaining one.